Sunday, August 12, 2012

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

My old neighbor used to make these for her family and I got the chance to try to them so I started making my own and now they are a Fowler Family Favorite. 



Ingredients:
6-8 flour tortillas
2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese 
2 chicken breasts
1 cup of Chicken Broth
Stubbs BBQ Sauce



Directions: 
I use two frozen chicken breasts from Costco that I place in a skillet with some cooking spray on medium heat. As they de-frost, I salt and pepper both sides. Cook for two minutes on each side, then add the chicken broth and put on the lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Once cooked, shred the chicken with a fork or slice into bite sized chunks. Add the chicken to a bowl and add BBQ sauce. I use about 1/2 cup of sauce but use however much you'd like and mix.

Heat a pan on low-medium heat. Take a tortilla and add a layer of the cheese on one side, then place some chicken over that and another layer of cheese. Close the tortilla and make a second. Either spray your pan with cooking spray or add butter. My husband likes butter more. Place both quesadillas in the pan and cook until browned on both sides. Continue until you've used all the chicken and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment