Monday, August 13, 2012

Thai Iced Tea

Many years ago, while living in a small town, my brother and I used to go to a Thai restaurant for dinner. He would always order a Thai Iced Tea with Cream, so I did too. It is one of my favorite drinks. But, I hated that the only way to get it was to go to my nearest Thai restaurant. So, I went searching and found thai tea mix on amazon. This is how I make it at home:


Ingredients: 
8 tablespoons of Thai Tea Mix
1 Cup of Water
3 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
1/4 cup of milk or cream or half and half


Directions:
I use my Keurig to heat up my water and then my french press to separate the tea from the water. So first I place the tea mix in my french press and click the middle cup button on my keurig. Or use 8 oz of hot water. Let the water and tea mix for a few minutes. Then place the top on the french press and plunge down until the plunger can't go anymore. Pour the liquid in a separate glass that already contains the sugar. Stir. Add the milk, stir, then add lots of ice. Add a straw and consume. 





No comments:

Post a Comment